Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catching up with Chris Sligh

Most Americans know Chris Sligh as an American Idol finalist from two seasons ago. But I know Chris Sligh as a guy who went to high school with us, who grew up on the mission field, and whose parents are members of (and supported by) the church I grew up in.

So it was fun to see Chris this past week while he was in concert here in Oklahoma City. Hadn't seen him in probably 10-15 years. But it was fun catching up. The concert was good, but I have to admit, it was more going out to Braum's with him afterword and talking about the past.

What I want to say here is that Chris (who has chosen to go into the Christian music industry, click here to find out why he made that choice), seems to have a really mature faith. I rejoiced to hear how he has grown in the Lord since our high school days. I wish him all the best in his career.

No comments: